Monday 23 November 2015

RUCKSACKS ARE BACK

It is ironic to think that when I was starting secondary school I refused to have a rucksack because they were 'uncool', yet today I wear a rucksack to university everyday. Old school style rucksacks are back in fashion, especially in womenswear but rucksacks are also a major on trend item today in menswear.

Rucksacks although are a fashion accessory today, I love the fact that they are so comfortable to wear aswell-- so they are overall ideal. Walking around town everyday I see young people in particular wearing rucksacks which is interesting because rucksacks were hugely on trend in the 60's and the 90's also so this is another example of the fashion cycle.

The above photo collage shows the different rucksack styles there are today. The menswear style rucksacks mostly are that particular shape and style shown in the above photos and are canvas material. Whereas, although these are also available in womenswear, a big on trend style evidently seems to be the leather 'old school' style rucksack (like the one shown above on the right). I think this style is so trendy as it has a hipster edge to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment