Sunday 1 May 2016

IKEA's latest video advert

While I was flicking through trying to find something to watch on TV earlier I came across a really nice (and clever) advert. At first I was confused what was being advertised but found it so intriguing which made me want to continue watching to find out. Ikea were advertising photo albums and the video showed a young couple ageing throughout the years. It showed special moments in their lives they spent together and it emphasises the man's chair in the living room where he would sit. Then at the end it shows the chair is empty as the man has passed away and his wife is showing the photos of their memories to their grandchild. I thought it was such a nice and emotional advert which did make me stop and think for a moment the importance of keeping photo albums.

I also found it particularly interesting as for my uni fragrance product we created is a scented photo journal, and the idea of it is based on the importance of keeping the photos in a book to reminisce. 







No comments:

Post a Comment