Thursday 17 December 2015

Adidas Fights Back

Over the past few years Adidas had faded out considerably and its competitor 'Nike' sales had taken off dramatically. However, Adidas has come back fighting and particularly within recent months it has become a popular brand to be wearing today. The three stripes is yet again back on trend with people particularly wearing the original black Adidas jackets and the Superstar trainers.
I found it interesting noticing this difference as this time last year everybody at my college was wearing Nike Air Max trainers, whereas, at uni before the holidays it was clear that people were mostly wearing Adidas trainers instead. This may be due to the fact Kanye West left Nike for Adidas to create the Yeezy Project collaboration. However, it is questionable whether this is enough to keep Adidas' name on trend or whether this is just a temporary 'in the moment' thing for Adidas.
It is also interesting because this come back for Adidas is another example of the fashion cycle. In the 90's Adidas was a popular brand and as a young child I owned adidas shoes and clothing. However, as I got older and particularly the last couple years I have been loyal to Nike only buying my sportswear from them, but this changed last month when I bought myself an original black Adidas jacket and Original Superstar trainers.
I think the difference between Nike and Adidas trainers is Nike are more for sportswear (whilst doing exercise) whereas Adidas I would wear more as a fashion item. This is because Nike are more exercise appropriate as they are lightweight and have better support for it whilst Adidas have a flat sole.


No comments:

Post a Comment