Wednesday 2 December 2015

OLD SCHOOL FASHION IS BACK

A number of people, myself included have admitted to wearing their parents jackets from 20 years ago. This was brought to my attention partly after reading in the Daily Mail that David Beckham embarrassed his son online revealing the 16 year old borrows his clothes. Brooklyn had posted a selfie with the caption 'rocking the old school Ralph Lauren' to which his dad commented, 'That's my jumper'.
www.dailymail.co.uk

I found this story amusing as I have started borrowing some of my dad's old jackets including his oversized denim jacket which he bought over 20 years ago. My sister also borrows our dad's jacket and she wore it so much she went out and bought one very like it for herself, which suited me so I can wear my dad's jacket more without fighting over it. It was ironic when I came home and met up with some of my friends who also admitted to be wearing their dad's jackets from many years ago.
This is a clear representation of the fashion cycle of how fashion trends come in and out of fashion frequently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment