Tuesday 29 December 2015

London's Attractive Shop/ Window Displays

I went in to Central London today shopping and it never fails to amaze me how aesthetically pleasing the window displays look, particularly around Christmas time. As shown below Harvey Nichols especially caught my eye with it's disco themed window display. The outside of the building was covered in these colourful, shiny circular things which were attached to a small hook (as shown in the image on the right). I had never seen anything like this before and I found it so amazing to think of the time and effort that went in to decorating this. While I was taking these photos a shop assistant was hooking more of the circle decorations on to the building replacing ones that had been taken off. This evidently shows the absolute effort that went in to this and that goes in to shops and their window displays in general.

 Their actual window displays were as amazing and I found the present display (on the right) very good. It was boxes of their products stacked in a way with a massive ribbon prop to look like a massive present. I thought this was a clever idea and it certainly caught my eye.




As I walked past Alberta Ferretti in Belgravia, London I was stunned by their window display. It looked so classy and in general aesthetically pleasing and this matches the brand's image perfectly. I liked the fact that it only had two manikins wearing the same shade of green dresses in the centre of the display so it does not look over crowding and cluttered. The actual display behind it gives something unique to it so the manikins stand out and this display would attract people to go in to the shop without having to have lots of their products on display.





I was walking in Brompton, London and saw the Emporio Armani store across the road. Immediately it caught my eye because of the eagle logo that was designed lit up going across the outside of the store. I thought this was a very clever idea and it makes the shop look very prestige and classy which matches with the brand name well.


No comments:

Post a Comment