Wednesday 27 January 2016

GLASSES..NOT SO UNCOOL NOW

It is quite interesting thinking back to being in primary and high school when it was seen as an uncool thing to wear glasses, yet today, people are seen wearing them who do not even need them.

I never actually wore glasses in primary or high school but it only came to my attention at the start of sixth form that I actually had pretty bad eye sight. Despite this I literally did everything to avoid having to get glasses until eventually after going for an eye test and being given prescription glasses to wear.

Being honest for my time at sixth form in the beginning of getting my glasses in particular I would put them on as I entered my classes and take them off as soon as the lesson ended. The most annoying thing I find about them is the fact they ruin my make up as they print on to my face (because that's way more important than me being able to see I know). However, I soon got over this when I wore them walking from class to class and received many compliments as the ones I wore were 'geek' style big ones. Interestingly lots of people who never wore glasses before started wearing these particular style of glasses around the same time also. Many people also started wearing them that did not even have bad eye sight but just wanted to wear them by choice.

Now at uni I wear my glasses everyday -- (not actually walking around although I should) but always in my lessons and lectures and don't mind anymore as I can now think of them as partly being a fashion statement.

Also, many celebrities including Niall Horan have been seen wearing glasses as fashion items which I think has also made wearing glasses a fashionable thing these days. In One Direction's latest music video 'History' Niall is wearing large geek style frames which in fact gave me the inspiration to write this post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjmp8CoZBIo
Other celebrities including Zac Efron and Selena Gomez have also been seen wearing the large 'ray ban' style frames as shown below!

www.fanforum.com
www.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment