Sunday 24 January 2016

Summative Brief Progress


I have been working for the past 5 weeks on my summative brief and I have finally almost completed it. As I mentioned before my trend category is fur so I did research ad analysed fur within fashion and also in a broader context. For the broader part I researched other non-clothing fur items (cosy interiors, vehicle products and fur print designs). Then I researched and explained how fur being worn has changed throughout the years from the 1920's to 2000's which I found quite interesting.

For the final task it involved me having to come up with my own 'Big Idea' involving fur. This took such time and patience (..and lots of terrible ideas) until I finally decided on what my official one would be. Due to the fact immediately when I think of fur I think of warmth and cosiness, so I thought this matches perfectly with skiing and ski wear. After lots of research and planning I decided to design the layout for a shop window for a ski shop which featured fur heavily. The design involved skis being covered in fur and piled up on top of each other in the shape of a mountain. Then there would be manikins in ski positions wearing fur ski wear on top of the 'mountain'.

(..here are a few images of the black and white practice print out of my brief)






No comments:

Post a Comment